Friday, January 23, 2009

Little things and snow....





Good morning everyone...yes its snowing here still as we speak. Woke up this morning to about three inches and more to come. Geez..just when we got rid of the white stuff we get more.
Spending time in the studio is just a bliss, the radio on and the snow falling and the heater on cozy!
The last couple of weeks I have been wanting to make small things, why...? Heck if I know...just because.... Or something like that.
A friend of mine showed me how to make little real books and I just had to make some.
The one in the pictures is the first one I made, the penny gives you an estimate of the size. She made her covers with paper, I used fabric and sealed it with mod podge. This gives it some more sturdiness and seals the fabric.
I stamped the paper, and glued images etc. Think I will make some more and make them into little altered books...what do you think?
I wishing everybody a very good day, stay warm, ....go and create,
Andrea.

2 comments:

Maggi said...

The book is so lovely. Strange how making small things can take up as much time if not more than larger pieces but it is somehow really satisfying to handle them when they are finished.

Elizabeth said...

These are adorable!! Ever since I was a little girl I have always loved tiny things!! Beautiful job!!
We have not seen a single flake of snow this year and the kids are really getting grumpy!! Send some along to VA please!!
Hugs!
Elizabeth