Friday, April 10, 2009

Spring...maybe???


Hello there folks, how are you all doing today?
Hope this post finds you all well.
We finally got rid of the white stuff here, it has turned into the wet stuff. RAIN!!
The temperatures have gone up a bit, but is is still kind of chilly in the mornings. The daytime temp is going over forty now...Yippee! I know for some of you it does not seem that "warm" but for around here its a sign of spring, at least that's what we tell our selves here..lol.
I should be honest we had a couple of days in the fifties, then they went..pff..
For today's posting, a butterfly applique that's hand and machine needle felted. Then stitched on to the background fabric. The rest is apart from no binding finished like a regular quilt. My thought on the binding was...why?? Ehum..apart from that I do not like to do bindings..lol.
In my opinion, its not always necessary to have a binding on a wall hanging, I know that some of you quilters out there 'shiver' at these words...sorry...lol.
I am stubborn....I do it my way..lol...did I mention that I was stubborn????
Ok...I would, if somebody wanted to buy it and requested it, put a binding on it, see I am flexible....right???
I was wondering if I should leave it like this or put leaves with the flowers? Any suggestions my friends?
Well will have to leave you for now, have to prepare for a class I am teaching tomorrow...
Wishing everyone a wonderful great day! And go and create!
XO Andrea.

5 comments:

Maggi said...

This is a lovely piece as it is. I am not sure that leaves would add anything to it. You could always try placing some on and see how it makes you feel. Don't worry about the binding - some pieces just don't need it

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Hi Andrea! It's quite adorable already! Love the colors. And I agree with you and Maggi, sometimes you just don't need it.

Creative Blessings,
Lisa :)

Unknown said...

I love it just like it is...I dotn think you need a binding either and I am glad to hear that someone else doesnt like doing them! score up another thing in common for us...sometimes I just will straight stitch around and around an edge and call it done and I usually love it...

~*~Patty S said...

It's your wall hanging and you can do anything you wish. It certainly is beautiful just like it is Andrea!!!

Cathie said...

Hi Ya Horsie! You've been conspicuously absent from blogland lately and I thought I would check in to make sure you're just too busy to create and it's nothing more serious!

I love this butterfly. What a great idea to felt it like that. If it were me - I would fill up the bottom of the piece with lots of 3-D green leaves and maybe a larger flower that the butterfly perhaps just "took off" from.

This is really nice. As far as a binding goes, you can just cut the backing piece (if you haven't already an inch or so larger and fold, fold and stitch to the front. Easy peasy binding but still finishes it nicely.