Monday, May 18, 2009

Summer is here??

Hello wonderful people out there, how are you all doing today?
Did you have a good weekend?
According to the weather forecast it is going to be 86 degrees today... does this mean that summer is here? What happened to spring ? Going from the 40 to 50 to high 80...nice jump..lol.
Today I am first of all posting some wonderful things that were send to me by people that I did a swap with.
The first picture is a wonderful piece that I traded with Sharon from http://wildflowerhouse.blogspot.com for fairy slippers.


The second piece is a wonderful piece that I traded with Cathie from http://clevelandgirlie.blogspot.com

This is the other side...


Go and check out these blogs and these wonderful people!
The next pictures are some things that I have been working on when I got to it..lol.
Here is a pincushion that I made for a friend. The bird sits on a nest that is in a green glass dessert bowl. All I used was recycled wool to make the bird and some lace that I dyed to go with the project.



Next is some left overs from the time that I owned an embroidery machine, put the left overs to work on an African themed wall hanging. It is not finished yet...but hopefully soon will be..lol.
My camera was acting up again this morning. Funny how it got the swap pieces kinda good and then when it came to my pieces the pictures ( believe me I tried like a hundred times!) it suddenly decided to act up. I am sorry , this is as good as it gets for now. One day I will have the money for a better camera, right now this is what I will have to do with..lol.

The woman's face was cut out of another piece of fabric and used as an applique. Is this how you spell that? This is how blogger wants me to spell it..hmmm..)


The masks were made with the embroidery machine ( who has a wonderful new home..sniff..), the material on the sides of this block was fuzzy cut and put on top.





Did the same with this fellow...

The lion is embroidery applique and this woman was done the same as the first one.



I hope you like this post....sorry again about the not so good pics!
Wishing you all a wonderful creative day!
Big hug for everyone,
Andrea.

1 comment:

Maggi said...

Great swaps and I love the African piece, even with the fuzzy pictures. Beware - we thought Summer had come earlier but we've had nothing but heavy rain this week - think I need flippers instead of shoes. Maggi