Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Planning on pink...

Hello there peeps, hope this post finds you all well.
Let me start by thanking all the people that left their comment on the previous post, really very much appreciate them.
Today's post is pink. I know to late for pink Saturday lol. To many scraps in my stash, was time to find ways to make something with it. I actually do not mind using scraps.
Smaller projects are fun and very satisfying since they take shorter time to finish.

Anyway, what your looking at is a page for a fabric book that will have dreaming and wishing as theme. I think you kinda can guess that reading the little banner lol.


The banner was made from 2 dryer sheet modpodged together with some dry brushed pink paint on them. Then i distressed them some with ink.


The card in the picture above is fabric on top of some thinner cardboard. I coffe dyed it then sprinkled water on it to make it look stained. The girl was printed on fabric and glued on top.
She will go in the pocket that i made for her on this page. The page by the way is not finished yet as you see. I need to hand stitch the edge on the right hand side. Its an old seam from an pink satin dress, it came out irregular when i cut some fabric from it. Though i would leave it like this to add some extra interest.
Well that's the pink post for now folks. Hope you all take care and stay safe.
Big Hug,
Andrea.

2 comments:

Maggi said...

I love fabric books and it looks as if this one is going to be fantastic.

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Very nice job, Andrea! I like your flower on the top left & the butterfly (or moth) on the right!